Contrast accessibility

Financial assessment

About financial assessments

A financial assessment is where the council checks if you have enough money to pay towards the cost of your support.

Everyone who is aged 18 and over will have a financial assessment as part of their social care assessment.

Making a budget

Making a budget

After the assessment

  • If you do have enough money the council will tell you how much you need to pay and when.
  • If you don't have enough money the council will pay the full cost of your support

Contact us

We are here on the phone and in the customer service centres to help you. Find more information on:

  • Where to find us.
  • How to contact online.
  • Who to call.
Contact and find us