What to do if you won't have anywhere to live

You should tell the hospital nursing staff as soon as possible, so that they know that you will be homeless when you are discharged. They will ask the hospital discharge team to help if they can.

The discharge team may refer you to the Housing Solutions Service at the council. They will assess your situation and you may be offered temporary accommodation while your application is assessed.

If you have a home already but it needs to be adapted the hospital will refer you to the Accessible Homes Team.

Further guidance

Contact Housing Solutions Service

  • Tell us about your housing circumstances.

Clock Completing this form takes 5 minutes

Paperclip To complete this form you will need to provide your name and contact details.

After you've contacted us

We will contact you with an appointment for housing advice and an assessment of your needs.

Other ways to contact us

Stay Connected
Sign up to email alerts about Kirklees
Was this information helpful?