The NHS can provide equipment, such as walking sticks, walking frames and wheelchairs to aid mobility. These are provided on long-term loans and you can arrange this through your GP, hospital consultant or physiotherapist.
Buying your own equipment or adaptations
A lot of equipment is widely available both on the high street and online.
Medequip provide the community equipment service for Kirklees Council and North Kirklees and Greater Huddersfield NHS CCG.
Download the Medequip off retail leaflet to get 10% off your purchase at the following stores:-
Please present this leaflet at the above locations to receive your discount.
Further help and advice
- Disabled Living Foundation (DLF) gives free advice about home adaptation
- Independent Age has advice on home adaptation
- The Money Advice Service has advice about shopping around for disability aids and equipment
- Ask SARA helps you find useful advice and products that make daily living easier.
- Living made easy clear, practical advice on daily living equipment.