Our Standard Carephone package enables people to contact our 24/7 call centre if they have an emergency such as fall, inactivity or fire, floods and gas leaks and can be tailored to suit the needs of the individual. It is especially popular with older people and with people seeking reassurance that their relative is able to summon help in an emergency.
How a Carephone works
The Carephone base unit plugs into a standard telephone point and electric socket. It connects wirelessly to a pendant usually either worn on the wrist or around the neck. When help is required the wearer simply presses the button on their pendant and the base unit will automatically ring the Carephone call centre. The base unit contains a powerful loud speaker and a sensitive microphone enabling users to communicate with our call centre operators from throughout their home.
Enhanced Carephone Package
In addition to the sensors in the Standard Carephone package, a range of other devices are also available from the Carephone Home Safety Service. These form part of our Enhanced Carephone package which is designed to meet the individual needs of people who use our service.
Devices and sensors in the Enhanced Carephone package include:
- Alert a local carer - video
- Bed occupancy sensor - video
- Carephone reminder messages - video
- Chair occupancy sensor - video
- Epilepsy sensor - video
- Fall detector - video
- Flood detector - video
- Gas detector - video
- GPS location devices
- High and low temperature sensors video
- Intruder alarm
- Medication dispenser
- Movement sensor - video
- Property exit sensor - video
- Smoke detector
A falls detector can alert our call centre that someone has had a fall at home enabling us to quickly get help to them.
Benefits of a Carephone
- Help is on hand at the press of a button
- Peace of mind knowing that our trained skilled call centre operators are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Carephone equipment is installed, tested and maintained by our technical team
Who can have this service
We help almost anyone who feels vulnerable or lives alone. Including:
- people who feel isolated, particularly the elderly
- anyone with a physical disability, learning disability or sensory impairment
- people who have been affected by domestic violence
- people who feel vulnerable and live alone, who want to feel safe and secure
- carers who need a break and need peace of mind about the person they care for while they are away from the house.
How much it costs
Sensors and devices from the Carephone Home Safety Service are provided free of charge and there are no installation or maintenance fees however depending upon financial circumstances a weekly monitoring fee may be payable.
Charges from 1 April 2019
- Standard Carephone package - £4.60 per week and includes a smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector
- Standard enhanced Carephone package - £5.05 per week and enhanced by one or more pieces of additional devices that connect to the carephone.
Where weekly charges apply, they will be collected on a quarterly basis, which means approximately every three months.
Make an enquiry or order a Carephone
You can request a carephone by using our Gateway to care referral form.
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes.Contact us online