Find out about support available for you and your family if you have ever served in the armed forces.
Help with housing, employment, health and wellbeing are just some of the issues that organisations across Kirklees can help people with.
Types of support
Mental health and wellbeing
- Mental health support offers a range of resources and advice if you are experiencing mental health problems. Get confidential help and support.
- SWYPFT: community, mental health and learning disability services
- Carers Count
- Richmond Fellowship - Kirklees Employment Service specialises in providing support for people living with or recovering from mental ill health. It helps them to find paid employment, voluntary work, education and training or to retain their current employment.
- Blesma - Armed Forces charity that supports limbless veterans
Bereavement and suicide
Support for frontline workers
Guidance on working with armed forces veterans for community based support agencies including the voluntary sector, services provided by the NHS, local authorities, GPs and charities.
Kirklees Armed Forces Covenant
The Armed Forces Covenant is a voluntary statement of mutual support between a civilian community and its local Armed Forces Community. This Covenant encompasses the moral obligation between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces, at the local level.
The Armed Forces Covenant is based upon two key principles:
- The Armed Forces community should not face disadvantage compared to other citizens in the provision of public and commercial services
- Special consideration is appropriate in some cases, especially for those who have given most such as the injured and the bereaved.