Digital skills training courses
We have a number of free courses that you can access with a level to suit everyone, from beginners to intermediate through to more advanced courses.
In partnership with Kirklees College we have designed a Digital Citizen course that will take you through all the skills that you need to be digitally confident.
- Intro to IT (Beginners) - Takes you through the basics in preparation for the Digital Citizen course.
- Digital Citizen - At the end of this course you will be able to complete these 5 basic digital skills safely and with confidence:
- Handle information and content
- Perform simple basic transactions
- Know how to problem solve
- Know how to be safe and legal online
Digital Champion training
We deliver free training to staff and volunteers on how to work as a Digital Champion within the community.
We are always looking for people who can share their passion for technology and the internet - and there are always people who need your help. They may need help with learning to create an email address, shopping online, using social media or organising photos.
- You don't need to be an expert.
- Full training and support is available.
- The course covers how to inspire people in your community to use the internet, and help them to develop their digital skills.
With your support as a Digital Champion, people can build their confidence to use digital technology.
What the course will give you
You will gain the confidence and knowledge to support your local community to go online. It will provide you with the skills to support people on a one-to-one basis or help small groups in our Kirklees Digital Hubs. You will also come away with ideas and tips for helping people use the internet and access other services to help support their digital journey.