Report anti-social behaviour
Contact the Police on the non-emergency number or report the behaviour online:
If you rent from a private landlord, agency or housing association you must first report the problem to your landlord.
If you rent from Kirklees Council you can also contact Homes and Neighbourhoods.
After you've reported it
We may receive a referral about your report. If so we will:
- Discuss your concerns with you in strict confidence
- Liaise with your landlord and partner agencies if appropriate to clarify actions already taken
- Work together with partners to determine what further actions could be taken to resolve the situation early.
What might be done
- Mediation may be used to facilitate a mutual solution
- Where appropriate, legal solutions may be considered where other actions have failed to resolve the situation.
If no effective action has been taken
If you feel that no effective action has been taken, and you have made 3 reports within 6 months:
You may be able to make a community trigger report.
What anti-social behaviour is
Anti-social behaviour includes things such as:
- rowdy, noisy behaviour in otherwise quiet neighbourhoods
- night time noise from houses or gardens, especially between 11.00 pm and 7.00 am
- threatening, drunken or "yobbish" behaviour
- vandalism, graffiti and fly-posting
- dealing or buying drugs on the street
- litter and fly-tipping rubbish
- aggressive begging
- drinking in the street
- setting off fireworks late at night
- abandoning cars on the street
- neighbour disputes
We don't resolve disputes about the location of boundaries, walls, fences and buildings or the ownership of land.
Advice and assistance
You can get advice and assistance from Safer Kirklees, which includes experienced staff from Kirklees Council, West Yorkshire Police and other partner organisations to effectively prevent and resolve anti-social behaviour.
Keeping a log of incidents will help us to help you resolve the issue.
- Safer Kirklees
- Address Kirkgate Buildings, Byram Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1BY
- Phone 01484 221000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org