Greenhead Park opened in September 1884 and is now over 130 years old. The park has always been popular with local people, both young and old and the features and events within the park have attracted people from miles around.
It is the perfect place to unwind, relax and enjoy the wonderful environment and landscape. It's a fantastic place to spend time with friends, enjoy the changing of the seasons, play on the swings, or grab a cuppa in the café by the tennis courts.
Where to find the park
Situated only half a mile from Huddersfield town centre, the park is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the shops, offices and stresses and strains of urban life.
- Greenhead Park
- Address Trinity Street, Huddersfield, HD1 4DT
The padding pool is currently closed.
The park is open daily from 7am and closes at:
- January and February: 6pm
- March and April: 8pm
- May, June, July and August: 10pm
- September and October: 8pm
- November and December: 6pm
There are lots of healthy, sociable and exciting activities taking place in the park every week and a wide variety of one-off events too.
- BUGGY movers - Mondays and Fridays.
- Huddersfield parkrun - Saturday mornings at 9am and Junior parkrun on Sunday mornings
- Huddersfield Petanque Club Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1pm
- Huddersfield Society of Model Engineers
- Nordic walking has not yet restarted after Covid.
- Greenhead Park health walks
- Friends of Greenhead Park - current activities include weekly drop-in and gardening sessions.
- There are also many other weekly activities in Greenhead Park and a full day by day list can be seen on Friends of Greenhead Park Every Week .