Education support

Your education plays a large part in your life whilst you are in care.

We offer advice and support to children and young people for all educational needs.


Your education is really important, and a good education will help you to be successful in your future.

Young people in care may sometimes need extra support to do well in education and the Kirklees Virtual School are here to help you.

Your Personal Education Plan (known as a PEP) helps to make sure that you get the right support with your education.

It is really important that you are involved in this plan so it is right for you.

Boy upside down on branch

Contact information

If you would like help with your education you can speak to your social worker, the designated teacher at your school or college or you can contact the Kirklees Virtual School on:

Health support and advice

We offer advice and support to children and young people in care for all your health needs, including seeing you every year to check your overall health and give you the chance to talk to someone about any concerns you have.

We can offer support in a number of ways, meeting one to one, by phone, text or email.

We help young people in care to understand medical information so you can make informed decisions about your health.

You can talk to us about:

  • General health concerns
  • Sexual health
  • Substance misuse
  • Stopping smoking
  • Healthy eating
  • Emotional health

Please make sure your social worker is aware of any health matters you may have so they can offer support for you if you need it.

Contact Information

Looked After Children's and Care Leaver's Team

Ring the switchboard on 01484221000 and ask for the Looked after Children's and Care Leaver's Team

NHS free service if you are feeling unwell


If it is an emergency or you have suffered serious harm


Stay Connected
Sign up to email alerts about family life
Was this information helpful?