The Council has worked in partnership with independent sector providers of home support (home care or domiciliary care) to change the way that home support is delivered. We have moved from the 'time and task' model of home support to a relationship-based, personalised and outcome focussed model. In other words a model which is focussed on supporting people to 'live well at home'.
We have produced two training videos to support you to bring about this change in your company.
- One is for owners, managers and senior staff: A guide to Living Well at Home for senior staff
- The other is for front line staff: A guide to Living Well at Home for front line staff
We have also produced the following sample templates for your use:
- Sample one page profile
- Sample outcome focussed and personalised service plan
- Sample complete outcome focussed service plan 'Anne Smith'
- Sample outcome focussed and personalised service review
If you would like the sample documents in word format please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to talk with someone in the Council about using a personalised and outcomes focused model of home support please email email@example.com and we will contact you.