All Kirklees residents have a grey bin which is emptied every two weeks.
Waste from your grey bin goes to the Energy from Waste plant in Huddersfield where is it converted into electricity.
Put these in your grey bin
This isn't a complete list of things you can put in your grey bin. It is a list of things which can't be recycled, reused, donated, composted or disposed of in other ways.
- Cat litter
- Crisp packets
- Disposable nappies
- Disposable coffee cups
- Dog poo
- Gift wrap
- Kitchen foil
- Plastic lids
- Toothpaste tubes
How to recycle or dispose of other waste
- Put it in your green bin for recycling. Find out what you can and can't put in your green bin: Green bins
- Compost it. Find out what you can compost and order a compost bin: Composting
- Take it to one of the many recycling sites around Kirklees. Find out where they are and what you can take to them: Search for recycling sites
- Take it to a household waste recycling centre (tip). Find out where they are and what you can take to them: Household waste recycling centres
- Donate to charity
- Ask us to collect bulky household waste. Find out what we collect and order a collection: Bulky household waste
More information: Bins and recycling - what goes where
A to Z list of what to do with your unwanted items and rubbish - which bin they go in, if they can be taken to household waste recycling centres (tips) or other recycling sites, and what other alternatives there are for disposing of them.