Find out about how to book a garden waste bags collection if you don't have a Brown bin.
If you have a bin bag dustbin collection, or live in a property of multiple occupation like flats, you can ask for garden waste to be collected.
Garden waste is not permitted in grey or green bins in Kirklees.
- £2.00 per bag or similar sized manageable bundle
- minimum charge of £10.00
- minimum order of 5 bags
- maximum order of 20 bags. A maximum of 20 garden waste bags can be collected per transaction
- maximum weight is 15kg per bag.
Rules for collection
A collection can be made for up 20 bags of garden waste. Please make sure that:
- bags should be no larger than a domestic black liner
- any waste is double bagged
- you do not include wood from broken up pallets or garden sheds
- you do not include soil, rubble, brick, hardcore, paving slabs, stone or ceramics e.g. toilets, sinks and tiles.
Garden waste includes:
- grass cuttings
- hedge clippings
- dead plants
- windfall fruit
Request a garden waste bag collection
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes
We do not collect soil, rubble, brick, hardcore, paving slabs, stone or ceramics e.g. toilets, sinks and tiles.
We are unable to provide a refund once we have confirmed your order.Order a collection
After you've ordered a collection
We will collect the items from the designated area.
We will only take items which you listed and have paid for. Any extra items will not be taken.
If you do not allow reasonable access for us to collect your items the order will be cancelled and no refund will be issued.
Brown bin garden waste service
You can subscribe to the Brown bin garden waste collection service with its fortnightly collections.
Brown bins are available for households with a current collection service for a standard grey or green wheelie bin.
- You can request up to two standard 240-litre brown wheelie bins to recycle domestic garden waste.
- We collect brown bins every two weeks, with a winter break.
- All the waste is turned into organic material. That is then put to a range of industrial and commercial purposes.
Going that one step further with recycling
Using our garden waste bage collection is not the only way you can recycle garden waste. If you have a very large garden, or want to make use of the organic material yourself, here are a few tips to follow: