Kirklees LADO Team welcomes your contact in relation to concerns you may have about any adult in a position of trust or working (paid or unpaid) with children. This Kirklees LADO web page allows professionals, employers, voluntary or faith organisations to;
- Access advice and guidance via 'Contact LADO' form
- Or to submit a formal referral via 'Make a LADO referral' form
The 'Contact LADO' form and the 'Make a LADO referral' are submitted directly to the LADO mailbox.
The LADO must be informed within 1 working day (or the next working day) when an allegation is made; prior to any further investigation taking place. Improved outcomes for children are aided by close collaboration between single and multi-agency partners, through timely quality conversations. Identified below are three options to enable you to seek early advice from the LADO via Phone, email or contact form.
If your contact is regarding concern for the safety of a child and requires a more urgent response please contact the Police or Kirklees Duty & Advice Team on their numbers below.
Please click the button 'Contact LADO' if you wish to access early advice and guidance and submit your contact details to the LADO.Contact LADO
After you've completed the form
After completion and submission you will receive an automated acknowledgement email.
Who should be referred to the LADO?
All allegations relating to harm of a child or young person by those who work with them, must be taken seriously.
It is alleged that a person who works with children (paid or unpaid capacity) has:
- Behaved in a way that has or may have harmed a child
- Possibly committed a criminal offence against/related to a child
- Behaved toward a child in a way that indicates he or she would pose a risk of harm
- An allegation has been made against a person in relation to his/her work with adult service users, which causes concern about the welfare of an adult service user's children or the person also has another role working with children
Reasons for an allegation
An allegation is made against a person in relation to a matter that may indicate that the person may not be suitable to work with children. This can be connected with his/her employment or voluntary activity, or in relation to a person's private life where;
- Concerns arise about a person's behaviour about his/her own children
- Concerns arise about the behaviour of a partner, member of the family or other household member
- Where other information suggests they may pose a risk to any person that may demonstrate a transferable risk within their role with children
Make a LADO referral
Please click the button 'Make a LADO referral' to make a formal LADO referral.Make a LADO referral
After you've completed the form
The LADO will ensure that all allegations and enquires are managed proportionately and appropriately; sharing information to ensure that children are safeguarded within multi agency settings.
Allegations management guidance can also be accessed through our partners at West Yorkshire Procedures online .
- LADO First Response Guide
- LADO Practice Guidance Flow Chart
- LADO guidance notes for employees and volunteers
- School settings - Low level concerns Flow Chart
- Childrens Non-Schools settings - Low level concerns Flow Chart
- Kirklees LADO Complex (Organised or Multiple) Abuse Guidance
- Kirklees LADO Allegations Management Guidance for Professionals
- Kirklees LADO Notification of allegation for Employers Organisations - letter template
- Kirklees LADO Outcome Letter for Employers Organisations - letter template