If you would like to book supply staff, go to Getting supply staff from Kirklees Supply Service.
Kirklees Supply Service (KSS) recruits supply teachers, nursery officers, business support staff and educational teaching assistants and provides a one-stop service for schools and nurseries needing supply cover.
We offer you more
Unlike our competitors, we're not run for profit. That means we pay all our supply staff at a rate that values your skills and experience, not our bottom line. We offer pay in line with Kirklees Council single status and school teachers' pay and conditions.
If you sign with us, we will support your career aspirations, by helping to arrange placements.
As part of the Kirklees Council family you will have the benefit of opting in to the Local Government Pension Scheme (WYPF) for non-teachers. Teachers automatically become a member of the Teachers' Pension Scheme.
The well-being of our supply staff is at the forefront of our ethos. We demonstrated this during the pandemic by honouring our contracts with teachers despite the disruption of school closures and isolation periods, making sure people got paid for work they committed to.
Job roles and application packs
KSS are recruiting for:
- Primary Supply Teachers
- Secondary Supply Teachers
- Experienced 1-1 Teachers for special educational needs and vulnerable students (Primary and Secondary)
- HLTA/Cover Supervisor (Primary and Secondary)
Expectations of KSS staff:
- Maintain high levels of professionalism at all times
- Be prepared - especially if supply dates are known in advance
- Be polite and courteous at all times
- Keep KSS staff up to date with any changes to circumstances
- Mark any work in line with the schools policy and practice
- Understand and demonstrate attributes and characteristics required
Benefits for you:
- Opportunity to pay into the teachers pension scheme
- Opportunity to apply for threshold
- Published pay dates
- Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Early careers teacher (ECT) support
- A handbook of useful information and Kirklees procedures and expectations
- Regular feedback
Business support officers are required to provide administrative support to the school under the direction of the headteacher and/or administrative officer. Key responsibility areas are:
- General duties which may be required to fulfil role
If you have previous experience of working in an admin role and would like to register with KSS please contact the KSS office for an application pack or download:
Supply nursery officers for work in schools, children's centres and nursery schools require you to be qualified to NNEB or hold other relevant childcare qualifications or training to level 3. If you have previous experience of working in a childcare role and would like to register with KSS please contact the KSS office for an application pack or download:
Educational teaching assistants should be able to work as part of a team to support the learning and welfare of pupils in school. Particular emphasis will be on working with the individual pupils and small groups. Experience of working with children and young people in a school environment and knowledge of the national curriculum are essential.
If you have previous experience of working with children and would like to register with KSS please contact the KSS office for an application pack or download: