You can apply for somebody to vote on your behalf, also known as a proxy.
The person you appoint as proxy must be 18 or over and be registered to vote.
When applying via proxy you must provide a reason.
You can apply for a proxy if:
- You are unable to go to the polling station
- You are British citizen living overseas
- Your employment means you cannot go the polling station on polling day
- You are a member of the armed forces
- You have a physical condition that means you cannot go to the polling station on polling day
You will only be able to act as a proxy for up to 2 people living in the UK (or a maximum of 4 people, with 2 people living in the UK and 2 people registered as living overseas).