You can apply for somebody to vote on your behalf, also known as a proxy.
The person you appoint as proxy must be 18 or over and be registered to vote.
When applying via proxy you must provide a reason.
You can apply for a proxy if:
- You are unable to go to the polling station
- You are British citizen living overseas
- Your employment means you cannot go the polling station on polling day
- You are a member of the armed forces
- You have a physical condition that means you cannot go to the polling station on polling day
A person cannot be a proxy for more than two people at any one election or referendum, unless they are a close relative.
How to apply
Download and fill in the relevant form.Apply to vote by proxy