Community Plus works with people in our communities. We're all about helping and supporting people and families who might be struggling to lead a better life by connecting them with local resources, groups and individuals.
We want to help build and make our communities stronger and happier in the long term, preventing and reducing the demand on health and social care, and encouraging them to do more for themselves and empowering people to make their own choices.
Who we can help
Our Community Coordinators work across Kirklees supporting people (of all ages) dealing with situations in their lives and their families or carers to determine and pursue a positive lifestyle.
How we can help
Our introductions offer includes short term support over 4 to 6 weeks for people living in Kirklees.
Community Coordinators help individuals and communities to identify their own strengths, needs and solutions, by building valued and trusting relationships. They will:
- Support people to stay stronger - by identifying their vision for a good life and their plans how to get there
- Build local partnerships - explore what peer and neighbourhood support and community networking groups there are, and connect individuals to them
- Focus on building relationships - focus our work in the places that need it the most, and encourage people to do more for themselves.
- Build a supportive community - establish what local resources are already in existence, including groups and volunteers, and look at ways we can support them and connect them with local people
- Promote local opportunities - establish where there are gaps in the community and look for opportunities to facilitate new activities.
To support the delivery of Community Plus we have linked in with an international programme Local Area Coordination . This will strengthen our offering at a truly local level and it will help individuals and families:
- Be heard and be in control
- Identify their own strengths, goals and needs
- Access to information to help make the right choices
- Find practical, non-service solutions to problems wherever possible
- Be an active part of their community - develop and use personal and local networks
- If needed, access support and services - in the right place at the right time.
Kirklees Community Plus introduction
- If you want to introduce someone to Kirklees Community Plus please fill out this form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes.
PaperclipYou must have the individual's information as well as reasons for introduction.Apply online
After you've applied
We will contact the person you have introduced and arrange a meeting with them to discuss how we can work with them.
Together we're Kirklees
Are you a community based group, an individual or do you know someone who needs support within you community? Get in touch with one of our local area co-ordination teams:
Contact Community Plus Team
- Phone 01484 221000
- Email Community Plus Team