Reasons for investment
The southern corridors to Huddersfield experience delays, queuing traffic, and limited facilities for pedestrians and cyclists. These routes are often severely congested at peak times, which makes travel difficult, and travel times unreliable and slow. The scheme aims to reduce congestion, reduce travel times, improve air quality and enhance public realm.
Plans have been developed to improve four key locations on busy routes to the south of Huddersfield town centre. The four locations are as follows:
- Queensgate - Huddersfield Ring Road, linking to Cross Church Street and Shorehead Roundabout.
- Folly Hall - A616 Lockwood Road / Chapel Hill junction with B6432 Colne Road and St Thomas' Road
- Longroyd Lane - A62 Manchester Road junction with Longroyd Lane and B6432 St Thomas' Road
- Lockwood Bar - A616 Lockwood Road / Bridge Street / Lockwood Bar / Albert Street / Crowther Street
|September 2020||Submission of planning and listed building consents|
|January 2021 - March 2023||Construction period (subject to funding approval and consents)|
- Phone 01484 221000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org