All applications must be made online.
You can only apply if:
- You live in a property affected by a residential parking scheme
- You are an occupant of business premises that are within the permit parking area but where nobody lives there
The council is authorised to check your details against the Council Tax records. If you are not registered for Council Tax please provide one of the following:
- A current tenancy agreement (signed and dated)
- A utility bill (within the last 3 months and showing the address details)
Proof of vehicle ownership, please provide one of the following:
- A VQ5 document (when applying for your vehicle)
- A current vehicle insurance schedule
- Proof of company vehicle and authorisation to be kept at the property
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutesApply online
After you've applied
- We will let you know if we have approved your application.
- Open visitor permits are free. Special residential permits are £15.00 and are valid for the lifetime of your vehicle. When you change your vehicle you must apply for a new permit. We must receive payment for all permits before we issue your permit.
Replacement for a lost permit will incur an administrative charge of £20.
However, a faded or damaged permit can be returned and it will be replaced free of charge.