Information about the additional needs register and how to register.

About the register

The Kirklees Additional Needs Register is a list of children and young people (0-25 years) with special educational needs and/or disabilities in Kirklees. Registration is voluntary, however, the information you provide will give us a clearer picture of special educational needs and disability in Kirklees and helps us to plan for services.

By registering you will be entitled to a free 'Flexi Card' with Kirklees Active Leisure giving your family a 20% discount on a wide range of activities.

How to register

Fill in our simple online form.

Clock Completing this form takes around 20 minutes

Register online

After you've registered

Once you have successfully registered a confirmation letter will be sent to you. You will need to present this letter to Kirklees Active Leisure to obtain your free Flexi Card.

You will be contacted every two years to check your information is still correct and to ensure you still wish to remain on the register. You can request removal of your information at any time by email to the Additional Needs Register Office

Your information

The information you give us is confidential. We may share this information with other agencies such as Education, Health and Social Care to help us work together to plan your support. The register of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities will:

  • Help with the planning of services
  • Keep you informed about services, events and opportunities which may be of interest if you are happy to be contacted.

The information you provide will not be used in connection with any assessments of needs or benefit assessments.

Who can register

Applications can be made by:

  • A Parent, carer or guardian of a child or young person with special educational need and/or disability
  • A young person can complete the register themselves if they are over 16

To be on the register you must:

  • Be aged between 0-25 years of age
  • Live in Kirklees or be the responsibility of Kirklees Council
  • Have a special educational need and/or disability

Contact Additional Needs Register Office

Was this information helpful?