- If you can't get alternative support because your personal assistant (PA) is absent, contact Gateway to Care as soon as possible.
- If direct payment changes are expected to last for more than two weeks, contact Gateway to Care to seek further advice.
- Always refer to your PA's contract of employment or seek support and guidance from your payroll company before agreeing to or making any changes to their terms and working conditions. If you do not use a payroll company and need employment advice you may need to seek specific legal guidance.
- Ensure time sheets are correctly completed clearly identifying all periods of absence or sickness with reasons for any absence recorded.
- Where possible stay in regular contact with your PA even if they are not currently supporting you.
- To make sure sufficient funds are available to pay for any alternative or additional support, please contact Gateway to Care to agree any changes in advance.
- Make sure your PA has access to the appropriate level of personal protective equipment (PPE) to keep them and you safe while they are working.
- Stay in contact with your day care provider, they are regularly reviewing the situation and may be able to offer alternative support if they are closed.
Be flexible, these are very unusual times and a one size fits all approach is not always possible. If in doubt about your particular circumstances, please contact Gateway to Care.
Day care services
Contact Gateway to care
Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
- Contact Gateway to care
- Phone 01484 414933
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
- After 5pm - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
- Email email@example.com
- Address Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2YZ