We are a service for anyone who has difficulty reading printed material. Our services include transcription into alternative formats, a talking newspaper, plus advice and information.
About the service
We work together with charities, groups and organisations to provide a wide range of services to anyone who needs support.
If reading standard size print is difficult for you, we are here to help. Kirklees Transcription Service (KTS) can transcribe information into the alternative format of your choice.
We provide the following formats:
- Audio - Your information is recorded in a professional recording studio and can be copied onto USB or mp3
- Braille - Unless otherwise requested, all our Braille documents are produced in Grade 2 format. We can emboss onto a variety of sizes of paper on one or both sides of the page.
- Large print - The standard large print we use is Arial 18. We can produce different types and sizes of fonts on request.
- Electronic Documents - We produce electronic documents (e-docs) in Microsoft Word file type. These are mainly for people who use computers with Screen Readers.
Kirklees Transcription Service also has a drop-in service providing support and information about issues related to visual impairment.
We can offer:
- Information leaflets in various formats
- Contact details for local and national organisations
- Specialist equipment catalogues
- Someone to talk to
No appointment necessary
KR Talking News
This free audio newspaper, provides news, views, interviews and features from around Kirklees. It features a variety of stories from a selection of local newspapers circulating in the area. Currently produced on Podcast and USB.
Anyone who is blind or visually impaired, or is unable to read an ordinary printed newspaper, can have their copy delivered free to their home.
You can also access KR Talking News podcast
Download Talking Newspaper App
Download the suitable app for free on your tablet or mobile.
Supporting your business
We pride ourselves in producing high quality transcription of documents into alternative formats suitable for people who find it difficult to access print.
Established in 1991 our experienced team can deliver a range of competitively priced services to meet your needs and can help you to make the most of your customer communication by providing Audio, Braille and Large Print transcription. We are also a member of UK Association for Accessible Formats.