Whenever you connect to your bank, do some online shopping or even connect to the council, you want to make sure your data is safe. In order to keep your online data secure, we must always keep our web sites up to date
Improving security for your connections to Kirklees Council
On 27 March 2017 we will be making improvements to our web security, which will mean that if you are using an old version of Windows or an old web browser you may not be able to access our secure web sites until you update your system.
From that date on the minimum specification for accessing our secure web sites will be:
A modern operating system
- Windows 7 or later
- Windows Phone 8 or later
- OS X
- iOS 8.2 or later
- Android 4 or later
A modern web browser
- Chrome version 30 or later
- Safari version 5 or later
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Firefox version 23 or later
- Opera version 17 or later
If you do not meet these standards, you will need to upgrade your operating system and/or your web browser in order to access our secure web sites.
Updating web browsers
Choose a web browser from the list below, visit the website and follow the instructions for installing and updating.
For any computer (Windows, Mac, Linux)
For Microsoft Windows 10
For Apple Mac
Checking how your browser is set up
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or above, you need to check the configuration of your browser.
- Open Internet Explorer
- From the menu bar, click Tools > Internet Options
- Click the Advanced tab
- Scroll down the list to Security category, add ticks into 'Use TLS 1.1' and 'Use TLS 1.2'
- Click OK
- Close your browser and restart Internet Explorer