Good mental health is important to everyone. Leading a life with good mental health and wellbeing also supports in having better physical health.
Managing anxiety and maintaining good mental health and wellbeing
- Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- NHS Every Mind Matters
- Information in other languages includes mental health advice in Polish, Punjabi, Romanian and Urdu.
- Working Together Better Partnership (WTB) - the voluntary sector WTB partners have released their latest newsletter to support you through the current period.
- Working Together Better Partnership (WTB) - the voluntary sector WTB partners are also looking for contributors for their newsletter. Become a newsletter contributor
- S2R - one of the WTB partners have a series of wellbeing activity packs offering you different tips, tricks and activities to help you through the lockdown period.
- Resources to support people returning into the community or work
If you need support
- COVID-19 Community Response
- Kirklees Better Outcomes Partnership (KBOP) are offering immediate help and information to anyone in Kirklees about benefits, housing, food provisions and accessing medication queries or if you are concerned about your wellbeing, feeling socially isolated or at risk of Domestic Abuse. Call 07562252940. Open 7 days a week, 8am-8pm.
- Kirklees Peer Led Brokerage Service
- 24 hour mental health helpline
- Kooth - an anonymous, online counselling and support service for children and young people, accessible through your mobile, tablet and desktop and free at the point of use. It's available for 10-19 year olds in Kirklees 12-10pm weekdays and 6-10pm weekends.
- Hub of Hope - Mental Health Support Network provided by Chasing the Stigma - A useful resource of local, national, peer, community, charity, private and NHS mental health support and services
Guidance on getting the COVID-19 vaccine
Call 999 and ask for an ambulance or go to your nearest accident and emergency (A&E) department.
- Speak to a friend, family member or someone you trust
- Call the Samaritans 24 hour support service on telephone: 116 123
- Make an urgent appointment to see your GP
- Contact the Well-bean Hope In a Crisis Cafe - Kirklees
- Huddersfield - Referral number: 07741900395. Open Saturday, Sunday and Monday 6pm - Midnight
- Dewsbury - Referral number: 07867028755. Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 6pm - Midnight
- Contact Kirklees Single Point of Access Team on: 01924 316830 24 hours a day if support is required urgently
For children and young people
- Contact Thriving Kirklees Single Point of Access Team on: 01924 492183 Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9.30am -12pm
Contact your GP or NHS 111 if it is out of hours