National Lockdown restrictions were eased on Monday 19 July

COVID-19 restrictions in Kirklees tells you more about what this means.

Fully vaccinated people travelling from Europe and USA

Fully vaccinated people arriving in England from Europe and USA do not need to quarantine.

More information:

Arrivals fully vaccinated from Europe and USA

Fully vaccinated people returning from amber list countries

Fully vaccinated people returning to England from amber list countries do not need to quarantine.

Fully vaccinated people who work in critical services

Employers providing these services can request an exemption for named employees who are fully vaccinated.

The Government will contact the employer, who will then let its employees know.

  • Energy
  • Civil nuclear
  • Digital infrastructure
  • Food production and supply
  • Waste
  • Water
  • Veterinary medicines
  • Essential chemicals
  • Essential transport
  • Medicines and medical devices
  • Clinical consumable supplies
  • Emergency services
  • Border control
  • Essential defence outputs
  • Local government.

Other people who do not need to self-isolate

Employers providing these services can request an exemption for named employees, regardless of their vaccination status.

The Government will contact the employer, who will then let its employees know.

  • Supermarket depot workers
  • Food manufacturers
  • Police staff
  • Firefighters
  • Border Force staff
  • Transport and freight workers.

What they must do instead of self-isolating

People who are exempt must take a daily rapid lateral flow test.

Get a rapid flow test:

Rapid lateral flow testing
From Monday 16 August

If you are fully vaccinated or under 18:

  • You will not need to self-isolate following close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
  • You will still need to take a PCR test.
  • If the test is positive you will need to self-isolate.

When you must self-isolate

Isolate immediately if:

  • you have COVID-19 symptoms
  • you test positive (LFT and PCR tests)
  • someone you live with has symptoms or has tested positive
  • someone in your childcare or support bubble has symptoms or has tested positive, and you have been in close contact with them up to 48 hours beforehand or since then
  • you are contacted by Test and Trace
  • you have arrived in England from abroad (not including Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or other parts of the UK)
Main symptoms of COVID-19

Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms:

  • A high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • A new, continuous, dry cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.

Get tested immediately if you have symptoms

Don't delay - the test must take place in the first 5 days of your symptoms so request a test a soon as you have symptoms.

Book a test through Test and Trace:

Getting a PCR test if you have symptoms
Isolate with symptoms

Why you must self-isolate

  • You stop the chance of giving the virus to someone else.
  • If you live with other people it's possible you will pass it onto them. They must also self-isolate with you so they don't pass it on to other people.
  • By doing this you are containing the virus within your home. You stop yourself from spreading it to friends and family that don't live with you and also to the community you live in.

People who have COVID-19 can infect others up to 2 days before symptoms start, and for up to 10 days after.

People who are a contact of someone with the virus are at higher risk of developing COVID-19 in the next 10 days.

What to do when you self-isolate

  • Don't leave your home or have visitors.
  • Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble must also self-isolate. Make sure you tell them.

What to do if you need support

Get in touch with COVID-19 Community Response if you need support.

You may also be entitled to a Test and Trace support payment if you are isolating because you have been contacted by Test and Trace.

Find out about support available:

Apply for a Test and Trace support payment COVID-19 Community Response

Outbreaks at your child's school or early years provider

Find out what to do:

Child isolation guide for parents and guardians
Stay Connected
Sign up to email alerts for staying healthy
Was this information helpful?