COVID-19 restrictions in Kirklees tells you more about what this means.
What this payment is
It is a £500 taxable payment for people facing a reduction in income because they cannot work while self-isolating. It is not for people whose income is lower than normal because they are furloughed.
To claim you must be:
- working or self-employed; and
- unable to work from home so have suffered a loss in your income; and
- receiving one of these benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance, Income-Related Employment Support Allowance, Income Support, Pension Credit, Housing Benefit
If you do not receive one of these benefits, but meet the rest of the above criteria you could still qualify for this payment if:
- you are on a low income and will face financial hardship because of not being able to work while you are self-isolating; and
- your gross weekly income is £700 or less
When you should apply
You must make an application within 42 days after the first day of your period of self-isolation.
How to apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes
Paperclip You must provide the following:
- A recent bank statement
- Recent wage slips and employer's details if you are employed
- Proof of self-employment if you are self-employed
- Proof that you cannot work from home (this can be provided at a later date)
- Proof that you have suffered/will suffer a loss in your income (we cannot process your application without this, but this can be provided at a later date)
- Proof that a child or young person has been told to self-isolate, for example a letter from the school (if you are claiming as a parent/guardian)
- Proof of/Proof applied for Education, Health and Care plan (if you are claiming as a parent/guardian of a young person aged 16 to 25)
After you've applied
If there is any further information we require to process your application, we will contact you.
After we have received all the information we need, we will verify your claim and if you are eligible, we will pay the support payment into your bank account electronically within 10 working days.