COVID-19 restrictions in Kirklees tells you more about what this means.
If you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, you may be entitled to a payment of £500.
This is a taxable payment for people facing a reduction in income because they cannot work while self-isolating.
It is not for people whose income is lower than normal because they are furloughed.
You must fulfil these criteria
- You began your period of isolation on or after Monday 28 September
- You have received an Account ID Number from NHS Test and Trace
- You are working or self-employed
- You are not able to work from home so have suffered a loss in your income
- You receive one of these benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance, Income-Related Employment Support Allowance, Income Support, Pension Credit, Housing Benefit.
If you do not receive one of the benefits, but meet the rest of the above criteria
you could still qualify for this payment if:
- You are on a low income and will face financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self-isolating
- You receive Council Tax Reduction OR;
- You have no recourse to public funds OR;
- You have applied for, or are waiting for the outcome of an appeal for one of the qualifying benefits above
- You have less than £16,000 in savings
You might also have to provide the following evidence:
- Proof of applying for or appealing one of the benefits above
- Proof that you have no recourse to public funds
You can make a claim up to 14 days after your period of self-isolation ended.
How to apply for Test and Trace Support Payment
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes
Paperclip You must provide the following:
- A recent bank statement
- Recent wage slips and employer's details if you are employed
- Proof of self-employment if you are self-employed
- Proof that you cannot work from home (this can be provided at a later date)
- Proof that you have suffered a loss in your income (this can be provided at a later date)
After you've applied
If there is any further information we require to process your application, we will contact you.
After we have received all the information we need, we will verify your claim and if you are eligible, we will pay the support payment into your bank account electronically within 7 working days.