If you need support, or if you can offer support, please get in touch. We are with you.
Financial and other measures to help manage these impacts - including wage subsidies, business rates reliefs, statutory sick pay reliefs, small business grants and loans.
If you have a vulnerable child or are a key worker and have concerns after contacting your school or childcare provider we're here to help.
How the council is continuing to provide its services in different ways.
Good hygiene is the best prevention and there are some simple steps you can take:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often. Do this for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Help and advice
Overview, latest information and advice
Government specific advice
For teachers, parents and young people
Keeping in touch
- How to set up 3 way calls on BT
- How to set up 3 way calls on Virgin Media
- Meet Up Call: The organiser needs an internet connection to set up the account and arrange the call, but all other participants can join without internet. Meet Up Call offers a free account for the first 5 calls, and you can arrange for people to be called by the system, so all they have to do is answer their phone at the agreed time. Start the trial (no payment needed) . Find out how to use the system.
- Facebook messenger allows you to have a phone call with up to 50 people at once. You will need an internet connection and data to join in. Start a video chat
- Zoom is a free call/video conferencing tool. The person setting up the call will need to have internet, but others can call in using a freephone number (no internet needed) or click a link to join the call with video or audio (internet connection needed). Unlimited 1:1 meetings on the free plan but 40 minute restrictions on group calls. How to use Zoom
- WhatsApp offers free instant chat or video calls over the internet. WhatsApp can be used both on smartphones and desktops.
- Skype has a personal plan which is free to use and is suitable for use at home and for smaller businesses for up to 20 employees. Great for video chats!
- Google Connect is free video calling for up to 10 people. Only available on Google Chrome and the host needs a Google email to set a call up.
- freeconferencecall.com - video calling. Up to 5 people can share their screens but up to 1000 people can dial in on the call. Requires an app to download to join in. People on the call will pay for the call if using a mobile but it is free to join the call from a landline or the internet.
- Why Pay? - Telephone conference calling. Costs of the phone call comes out of any free minutes you have on your phone, then charged at the same cost of a local call. No monthly fees for basic plan and all other plans are currently free for the next three months.
- Powwownow Unlimited telephone conference calling. Each person on the call pays for their own call costs (12.5p + VAT per minute per mobile, 5.8p + VAT per minute from landline.
- Facetime - free audio and video calling over the internet. Only available for people with an iPhone, iPad or Mac
- Facebook - Social networking site. Online text chat functions on direct messages for friends. Need a user to log on and use.
- Twitter - Social networking site. Online text chat functions on direct messages for friends. Need a user to log on and use.