COVID-19 restrictions in Kirklees tells you more about what this means.
- We made a final 'top-up' payment to businesses in those sectors most affected by the extension of restrictions to 19 July.
Payments will be made automatically to all eligible businesses based on the information we currently hold. Eligible businesses should have received a confirmation email setting out the grant award by 11 July 2021.
If you have not received an email and believe your business should be eligible then please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we will be unable to respond to any emails received prior to this date.
Restart Business Support Grants from 1 April 2021
- Applications are now closed. Final grant payments will be made by the 31 July 2021.
Taxi Driver Business Support Grant
- This grant is closed to new applications. Second payments are still being made automatically to eligible drivers who previously applied.
If you need support, please contact:
Since leaving the EU state aid rules have been replaced by new subsidy allowance legislation. This determines how much public funding a business is lawfully able to receive.
This scheme is covered by 3 subsidy allowances:
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance - you're allowed up to £335,000 (subject to exchange rates) over any period of 3 years
- COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance - you're allowed up to £1,600,000
- COVID-19 Business Grant Special Allowance - if you have reached your limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £9,000,000, provided certain conditions are met.
Grants under these 3 allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £10,935,000 (subject to exchange rates).
Job support schemes
Other Government advice and support for businesses
Contact the council
- If you have a query about the COVID-19 business grants
- Email email@example.com (if your business appears on the Business Rates rating list (has a rateable value) and you receive a business rates bill)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (if your business does not have a rateable value, or you don't pay business rates to the council)
- For all other enquiries about financial support or for general business advice and support
- Email email@example.com
- If you are struggling to pay your business rates or need to tell us about a change
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find coronavirus financial support for your business
- Coronavirus business support
- Kirklees Business Hub
- Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP): Business Support
- Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- National Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- Welcome to Yorkshire COVID-19 business resources
- Huddersfield BID
- Supply Chain Leeds City Region
- Calderdale and Kirklees Manufacturing Alliance
- Be the business
- Home working: preparing your organisation and staff
- Phishing attacks: defending your organisation