COVID-19 restrictions in Kirklees tells you more about what this means.
There are two business support grants available currently for businesses which were forced to close due to Tier 2 local restrictions, national lockdown or Tier 3 local restrictions.
Your business may be able to apply for one or both grants.
There is also a discretionary grant scheme available for businesses which have not legally had to close because of restrictions or lockdown but have been severely impacted.
- These support grants count towards state aid.
- Payments will count towards the total de minimis State Aid you are allowed to receive over a rolling 3-year period - 200,000 Euros.
- If you have already reached that limit, you may still be eligible for support under the COVID-19 Temporary Framework.
- The limit for the framework is 800,000 Euros. By accepting this grant, you must confirm that you are eligible to receive it and are not in breach of state aid rules.
National Lockdown Support Grant
For businesses forced to close due to national restrictions between 5 November and 2 December 2020
Business premises forced to close in England from 5th November as part of the national lockdown measures will receive grants worth up to £3,000 per 28 days under the Local Restrictions Support Grant (closed) scheme.
If your business was required to remain closed when Tier 3 restrictions were introduced from 2nd December you will be able to access the this grant.
Please read on to find out if you may be eligible for a Tier 2 Local Restrictions Support Grant. The form to apply is below the information.
Tier 2 Local Restrictions Support Grant
For businesses who were significantly impacted by Tier 2 local restrictions between 5th August 2020 and 4th November 2020
Leisure, hospitality or accommodation businesses that were not legally required to close but that have been severely impacted by the restrictions under Tier 2 will receive a grant of up to £2,100 per 28 days under the Local Restrictions Support Grant (open) scheme.
Apply for a Restrictions Support Grant
Fill in our online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 15 minutes
Paperclip To complete this form you will need:
- your Business Rates reference number if you are registered for Business Rates
- the name on your Business Rates account if you are registered for Business Rates
- a company registration number if you are a limited company (if you fail to provide your company registration number then your grant application will be delayed)
- your business bank account details
- a scan or photo of your business bank accounts showing trading activity since you resumed trading after the last National Lockdown
Paperclip In addition for Tier 2 support you will need:
- evidence showing the impacts of restrictions on your business
If you are unable to complete this form please contact:
Please read on to find out if you may be eligible for a Kirklees Discretionary Support Grant Scheme (Additional Restrictions Grant). The form to apply is below the information.
Discretionary Support Grant Scheme (Additional Restrictions Grant)
This grant helps:
- businesses that have been legally required to close from 5th November but are not registered for Business Rates
- businesses that have remained open but have been severely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions
- self-employed residents of Kirklees who have been unable to access other Government support.
If your business is required to remain closed when Tier 3 restrictions were introduced from 2nd December you will be able to access the Restrictions Support Grant. You will not be eligible for this round of the Additional Restrictions Grant.
Grants will be paid for each 28-day period for which restrictions have applied, commencing from 5 November 2020. Where restrictions are changed part way through a 28-day cycle (for example if restrictions are lifted) grants will be paid on a pro-rata basis. Business must be closed for a consecutive period of no less than 14 days to be eligible for closed support.
Apply for a Discretionary Support Grant Scheme (Additional Restrictions Grant)
Applications will open online shortly and will be accesible from this page.
Paperclip You are required to upload supporting evidence as part of your application. You may need information including:
- company registration details
- bank details and statements
- other supporting evidence such as your rental agreement, accounts or sales information.
If you are unsure of eligibility please contact:
Job support schemes
Other Government advice and support for businesses
Contact the council
- If you have a query about the COVID-19 business grants
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (if your business appears on the Business Rates rating list (has a rateable value) and you receive a business rates bill)
- Email email@example.com (if your business does not have a rateable value, or you don't pay business rates to the council)
- For all other enquiries about financial support or for general business advice and support
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are struggling to pay your business rates or need to tell us about a change
- Email email@example.com
- Find coronavirus financial support for your business
- Coronavirus business support
- Kirklees Business Hub
- Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP): Business Support
- Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- National Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- Welcome to Yorkshire COVID-19 business resources
- Huddersfield BID
- Business in the Community
- Supply Chain Leeds City Region
- Calderdale and Kirklees Manufacturing Alliance
- Be the business
- Home working: preparing your organisation and staff
- Phishing attacks: defending your organisation