There are plenty of walking routes and public rights of way for everybody to enjoy the views and get fit. There are also plenty of activities that everyone can join in with including grouped walks and volunteering.
Search for walking and cycling routes
- Find a route in a specific area, by distance and by difficulty.
- Includes Pathways to health and walking routes which generally take less than an hour.
- Each set of Pathways to Health has up to four different routes to follow, taking from about 15 minutes to an hour to walk.
Search through an estimated 3000 walks throughout the UK,including maps, directions and descriptions for each on Walking routes .
Find a cycling club or a walking group, discover new routes, and get involved with great projects on Walk Wheel Ride: cycling, wheeling and walking in Kirklees .
Public rights of way
On our Public rights of way page you can:-
- Look up the laws and rights of access
- Report issues with rights of way
Keep fit and healthy with grouped session walks, guided walks and events in Kirklees.
Nordic or pole walking is a fun and social walking activity. Using poles provides upper body exercise and reduces the stress on knees and other joints
Walking and cycling framework
Kirklees Council, and partners, have an ambition to increase the numbers of people walking and cycling. The Strategic Framework supports the council's economic and joint health and wellbeing strategies and compliments a range of partner policies and strategies.