Make a complaint about food which you have purchase or report suspected food poisoning.

Food complaints

Food complaints are investigated by Environmental Health Officers based in Huddersfield. You must complete the Food Complaint Investigation form with as much detail as possible and keep the food you are complaining about in your refrigerator until you are ready to take it to Environmental Health.

Make a food complaint

Fill in our simple form.

Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes

Download form

After you've applied

Take this form and the food you are complaining about to:

  • Kirklees Council
  • Address Environmental Health, PO Box 1720, Huddersfield, HD1 9EL

If you would prefer for an Environmental Health officer to collect the food from your home, you can arrange this by contacting the office. You will still need to provide the officer with the complaints form when they arrive.

Contact Environmental Health

Food poisoning

Report suspected food poisoning

Fill in our simple online form.

Clock Completing this form takes around 15 minutes

PaperclipTo complete this form you will need your doctors name

It is very important for our investigation that a faeces sample is also submitted

Report online

After you've applied

If you haven't submitted a faeces sample your enquiry will receive a limited response.

You will be contacted by Environmental Health should they need further information.

Digital Kirklees transaction logo

Food poisoning is an illness that is usually caused by eating food or drinking water that has been contaminated with bacteria, virus or toxins that the bacteria produce. If you suspect you have food poisoning you can check your symptoms, causes, treatment and how to prevent it happening on the NHS Choices.

You can find further information from Public Health England or your GP.

Stay Connected
Sign up to email alerts for staying healthy
Was this information helpful?