REAL aims to help adults age 18+ with learning disabilities and/or additional needs connect with training, volunteering, and job opportunities. We will support you through the application process, interview stage and whilst you are working.
Job seekers criteria
To be able to access REAL, potential customers need to meet certain criteria. This includes:
- Have an IQ of 70 or below
- Have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Be on the learning disability register
- Attended a special school or needed 1:1 support in a mainstream school due to learning disability needs
- Have had support from the Learning disability team/Enablement team
- Attended a Foundation learning course at college and having a learning disability
- Live within the Kirklees area.
Make a referral to REAL Employment
You can refer yourself or someone can make a referral for you, such as a family member or professional. Once referred, you will meet with one of our advisors to discuss what your aspirations are and identify your support needs.
Helping you find the right opportunities
We tailor our support depending on your own needs and aspirations. There are lots of ways we can help you:
- Match your skills to suitable volunteering and job opportunities
- Write your CV
- Prepare for interviews
- Support you when you're working
Employing people with a learning disability can enhance your business profile, create positive diversity in the workplace and support the local community.
REAL can help find the right candidate for the job
To ensure your business gets the most out of employing someone with a learning disability, we will work with you throughout the process from identifying potential employment opportunities, interview process, training, and advice on making reasonable adjustments if needed and provide a job coach to train and support the person throughout their employment.
Mencap have lots of useful information on why employing someone with a learning disability can enhance your business.
If you are looking for a job, referring someone else or are an employer looking to fill a role, please contact our advisors.
How to contact us online
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutesContact REAL Employment
After you've contacted us
One of our advisors will get in touch with you.
Other ways to contact us
- Phone 01484 221581
- Huddersfield office
- Address 41 Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2HL
- Dewsbury office
- Address Dewsbury Library, Dewsbury Retail Park, Railway Street, Dewsbury, WF12 8EQ