Kirklees Emergency Alert is a free text message alerting system for Kirklees Businesses, operated by Kirklees Council's Emergency Planning Team.
The district of Kirklees has been divided up into nine zones. In an emergency, businesses signed up to the service will receive a free text message. The message will contain information about the emergency and recommended actions businesses should take to help keep their staff, customers and buildings safe.
Who can sign up
Businesses located within Kirklees.
We recommend those who sign up are in a position of authority and able to make organisational decisions, cascading information to others in their business as appropriate.
Businesses who signed up to the pilot do not need to sign up again.
The nine zones are divided up by ward area and postcode.
- Batley and Birkenshaw
WF17 | BD11 | BD19 | BD12 | BD4 | WF16
BD11 | BD19 | BD12 | WF15
- Liversedge and Gomersal
WF17 | BD19 | HD6 | WF14 | WF16 | WF15
- Batley East
WF17 | WF12 | WF13 | WF3
- Batley West
WF17 | WF13 | WF16
WF17 | WF14 | WF13 | WF16 | WF15
HD5 | HD8 | WF12 | WF14 | WF13 | WF16 | WF15
- Dewsbury East
WF17 | WF5 | WF12 | WF13
- Dewsbury West
WF12 | WF14 | WF13 | WF16
- Dewsbury South
WF4 | WF12 | WF14 | WF13
HD1 | HD2 | HD5 | HD6
HD1 | HD2 | HD3 | HD6
HD1 | HD3 | HD2 | HD4
HD1 | HD3 | HD4 | HD7
- Crossland Moor and Netherton
HD1 | HD4 | HD7 | HD9
HD1 | HD2 | HD5 | WF14
HD5 | HD4 | HD8
HD1 | HD5 | HD4 | HD9
WF4 | HD5 | HD4 | HD9 | HD8 | WF12 | WF14
- Denby Dale
WF4 | HD8
- Colne Valley
HD3 | HD4 | HD7 | HD9 | HX4
- Holme Valley North
HD4 | HD7 | HD9
- Holme Valley South
HD7 | HD9 | HD8
If you are unsure which zone your business is located please take a look at the Kirklees Emergency Alert Zones map.
Sign up for emergency text alerts
- Zone number your business is located
- Your name
- Name of your business
For example, your message should look like this:
5 Joe Bloggs Joinery Ltd
If your business is located in more than one zone
You can sign up to receive alerts for more than one zone.
For every zone you wish to receive alerts for, you must send a separate text message.
Emergencies may include
- utility disruptions
- situations which require a business to evacuate or lock down.
About Kirklees Emergency Alert
Kirklees Emergency Alert is an additional service to the normal ways Kirklees Council shares information in an emergency. You can also keep up to date with information through our social media channels.
Terms and conditions
- Texts cost one standard network rate message to sign up and to opt-out. All other text messages received once signed up are free of charge.
- You can opt out of this service at any time by sending the word "Stop" to 07860 098 105.
- A maximum of four individuals from each business can sign up to Kirklees Emergency Alert.
- By signing up to the text service you agree that your personal information can be securely stored and processed by Voodoo SMS.
- For more information on why we collect your data, how it will be stored and how it will be processed please refer to the Kirklees Emergency Planning privacy notice and Voodoo SMS General Data Protection page .