The council's Homefit Scheme provides any council tenant with one or more spare bedrooms or a Housing Association tenant in Kirklees with two or more spare bedrooms with support to enable them to move to more suitable sized housing (rightsizing).

The scheme is aimed at tenants who are not using all their bedrooms, are worried about heating bills (smaller homes are cheaper to heat), are struggling to maintain a garden, or have mobility problems which means that their home is no longer meeting their needs or, they need to be nearer to family, friends, shops or doctors.

Moving to a smaller home is ideal if:

  • you're not using all your bedrooms
  • you're worried about your heating bills (smaller homes are cheaper to heat)
  • you're struggling to maintain your garden
  • mobility problems mean your home is no longer suitable for your needs
  • you need to be nearer to family, friends, shops, doctors

We can offer:

  • help and support from a dedicated officer
  • advice about moving to a home in an area you prefer
  • a smaller home that is easier and cheaper to manage
  • a higher level of priority for re-housing

Contact Homefit on our online form or phone 01484 226972 for more information.

Was this information helpful?