Registered charities and community amateur sports clubs (CASCs) are entitled to 80% relief on any property occupied for charitable purposes.

Other organisations that are not registered with the charities commission may still qualify for rate relief, for example:

  • church commissioners
  • friendly societies
  • Boy Scouts and Girl Guides
  • not-for-profit companies that are established for charitable purposes

We may also remove all or part of the remaining 20% of your bill. This is called discretionary rate relief.

How to apply for charity and not-for-profit organisation relief

Download and fill in our form.

Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes

Paperclip You must provide supporting documentation with your application

Download form

After you've applied

We will contact you or send you an amended bill in around 20 working days