You can make a complaint in the way that best suits you in person, by phone, by letter or by email.
How to make a complaint
- Contact the person or office responsible for providing the service you are dissatisfied with. They are in the best position to put things right quickly.
- If you are still not happy, fill in the online Contact Adult Social Care Customer Services form
- If you're still not happy, contact our Customer Service Team
- If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you may be able to get the Local Government Ombudsman to look into it.
The Ombudsman considers complaints if you’ve suffered because of:
- the way a council service has been given
- how a decision has been made.
The Ombudsman usually only considers your complaint once it’s been through the council's complaints procedure.
Other complaints procedures
If you are not happy with a decision
You can appeal. This is a request for a review of a decision taken by your local social care office.