Apprenticeships are tailored to your needs and the calibre of young people looking for apprenticeships is at an all-time high.
An apprentice is for you if you are thinking about:
- Succession planning
- Increasing productivity
- Developing the skills you need in your workforce
- Bringing the latest ideas and knowledge into your business
You can claim up to £1200, plus an extra £800 criteria dependant, to help you recruit an apprentice.
Apprenticeship Grants for Employers is a national scheme that offers a grant of up to £1200 to help recruit an apprentice between 16 and 24. There is also opportunity to claim a further £800 if you meet certain additional criteria.
You can apply if you:
- Have less than 250 employees
- Have not employed an apprentice before
- Or have not recruited an apprentice in the last 12 months
As well as a grant, the scheme also covers full training costs for young people aged 16 to 18 and 100% training costs for those aged 19 to 24. In some circumstances up to 3 grants can be made to any one employer to support 3 new apprentices.
The Apprenticeship Hub
The Apprenticeship Hub offers free help and support to businesses who want to grow and develop their workforce by introducing apprentices.
The dedicated business brokers can help with:
- Identifying where apprenticeships can be created in your business
- Access grants, incentives and free support
- Finding a suitable training provider and relevant apprenticeship training, which delivers what your business needs
The training providers the Apprenticeship Hub works with can:
- Advertise and recruit your apprentice
- Shortlist and recommend candidates for you to interview
- Deliver your chosen apprenticeship programme
Contact Apprenticeship Hub
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org