Greenhead Park opened in September 1884 and is now in it’s 130th year. Throughout this time it has proved to be popular with the people of Huddersfield. Only half a mile from Huddersfield town centre, the park is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the shops, offices and stresses and strains of urban life. It is the perfect place to unwind, relax and enjoy the wonderful environment and landscape of this beautiful park. It’s a fantastic place to spend time with friends, enjoy the changing of the seasons, play on the swings, or grab a cuppa in one of the two cafés.
Activities in the park
There are lots of activities that take place in the park every week – from the 5k Parkrun and Nordic walking to exercises for new mums and drama classes for pre-school kids – and there's a wide variety of one-off events too.
- BUGGY movers Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- East Pennine Orienteering Club
- Greenhead Park Art Club for kids 1.00pm 2nd Saturday every month
- Huddersfield parkrun Saturday morning at 9am
- Huddersfield Petanque Club Saturday morning at 9am
- Huddersfield Society of Model Engineers
- Nordic walking Friday's 10.30am
- Greenhead Park health walks Monday's 10.30am
- Dementia friendly walk Monday's 2pm to 4pm and Thursday 10am to 12pm £2 per person
- Pjama Drama Tuesday's 1.45pm Raindrops & Rainbows (2-5 years)
- Friends of Greenhead Park Monthly history presentations, Gardening club and more
- Halloween and Christmas specials
- Weekly drop in sessions and monthly public meetings.
More events and listings
Opening times and map
The park is open daily from 7am and closes at:
- January and February: 6pm
- March and April: 8pm
- May, June, July and August: 10pm
- September and October: 8pm
- November and December: 6pm
- Greenhead Park
- Trinity Street, Huddersfield, HD1 4DT
- View full contact details