Greenhead Park opened in September 1884 and has proved to be popular with the people of Huddersfield ever since. Only half a mile from Huddersfield town centre, the park is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the town. It is the perfect place to unwind, relax and enjoy the park's wonderful improvements which have taken place.
Activities in the park
Throughout the year, and usually regardless of the weather there's a whole host of events and activities taking place in the park.
- Huddersfield parkrun Saturday morning at 9am
- BUGGY movers Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and many more
- Nordic walking Friday's 10.30am
- Greenhead Park health walks Friday's 10.30am
- Pjama Drama Tuesday's 1.45pm Raindrops & Rainbows (2-5 years)
- Greenhead Park Art Club for kids 1.00pm 2nd Saturday every month
- Friends of Greenhead Park Monthly history presentations, Gardening club and more
- Halloween and Christmas specials
- Weekly drop in sessions and monthly public meetings.
Opening times and map
The park is open daily from 7am and closes at:
- January and February: 6pm
- March and April: 8pm
- May, June, July and August: 10pm
- September and October: 8pm
- November and December: 6pm