The Stronger Families Programme is Kirklees' response to the Government's Troubled Families programme.
Since it started in 2012, the Stronger Families Programme has successfully turned around 977 families. Over the next 5 years we will be working with a further 3,810 families. These will be the ones with the most complex problems, who will benefit the most from intensive interventions and an integrated, whole family approach.
Our Stronger Families Outcome Plan sets out which families will be prioritised and how we will measure and demonstrate successful outcomes. Families may be included if they meet at least 2 of these broad identification criteria:
- Parents and children involved in offending
- Children not attending school regularly
- Children who need help (CIN, CPP and LAC)
- Adults out of work or at risk of financial exclusion and Young People who are NEET
- Families affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Parents and children affected by poor mental health or substance misuse
The Stronger Families programme receives its funding from the national Trouble Families Programme.
A portion of these funds will only be released when positive outcomes have been achieved under the Payment by Results framework.
The Stronger Families team monitors progress towards achieving positive results and outcomes so that we can make successful Payment by Results claims.
We have worked with our partners to develop a number of programmes: