The majority of car parks in Huddersfield have a height barrier at the entrance. In other centres throughout Kirklees, height barriers are not as frequent.
Whilst camping is not allowed in any car park, we do appreciate motorhomes and high sided vehicles are used when visiting Huddersfield.
Car parks where access is available for vehicles over 2.1 meters in height:
- Albion Street Roof - 38 spaces
- Brook Street - 30 spaces, maximum stay 3 hours
- Civic Centre - A small number of spaces by the entrance, maximum stay 4 hours
- Oldgate - 10 spaces, maximum stay 2 hours
- Railway Station - 14 spaces, maximum stay 1 hour
- Sports Centre - 70 spaces, maximum stay 4 hours
Weight restrictions still apply. You must always ensure you park entirely within a single bay, otherwise you may receive a Penalty Charge Notice.