The council has one designated lorry parking site, Sands Lane Lorry Park in Dewsbury.
The lorry park is for the use of HGVs and PSVs only.
A £10.00 payment can be made via a debit or credit card at the pay and display machine, this will allow parking for a 24 hour period.
You can also request an annual permit, there are a limited number of spaces and all permit applications are subject to approval and you may be placed on a waiting list.
Apply for a lorry parking permit
- Local companies can apply for up to two permits at a cost of £200.00 per year for each permit.
- Cheques should be made payable to 'Kirklees Council' and sent with your application.
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes
Paperclip To complete this form you will need a company letter, a copy of your insurance schedule and operating licence.Download form
After you've applied
- When your application has been received and once all the documentation you have provided has been checked and proves valid, then your annual permit will issued.
- Please note that having a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space.
Parking a lorry on the public highway
A lorry should not be parked on the public highway if:
- It is over 3.5 tonnes in weight (for example anything substantially bigger than a transit van); and
- It is not in use, such as overnight and at weekends.
Some lorries may be exempt.
Report a lorry parking on the highway
Contact us with these details:
- Company name on the side of the lorry.
- Registration number
- How often the lorry parks on the highway.