Kirklees Museums and Galleries have produced a range of ‘Museum in a Box’ themed resources which are available to be loaned by organisations, groups and schools.
Each box contains approximately 20 multi-sensory objects to help stimulate discussion, along with information and ideas about how to make the best use of the objects.
There are many ways in which the Museum in a Box resources can be used including:-
- Reminiscence work: An effective way of reaching those people living with dementia. The themed objects and resources help to rekindle memories, encourage conversations, boost self-esteem and can offer support at a time of change.
- Community projects and activities: The Museum in a Box objects can be used to inspire and enhance a wide range of community exhibitions, projects, meetings, events and activities.
- School projects: The resources can be used to support specific school and class projects on social and local history or used as classroom displays to create your own museum.
Terms and conditions
- A Museum in a Box can be borrowed for up to four weeks and is free of charge to organisations, groups and schools within Kirklees.
- The resources are extremely popular, so you are advised to book well in advance.
- Collection and return of a resource box is the responsibility of the borrower.
- On collection we require a returnable deposit of £20.00 (cash or cheque made payable to Kirklees Council).
- Borrowers will be required to sign a Loan Agreement Form.
- An invoice will be issued to cover the cost of any missing or damaged items.
Themed resources available from Tolson Museum Huddersfield
Contact Tolson Museum
- Tolson Museum
- Address Ravensknowle Park, Wakefield Road, Moldgreen, Huddersfield, HD5 8DJ
- Phone 01484 223240
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Themed resources available from Bagshaw Museum Batley
Contact Bagshaw Museum
- Bagshaw Museum
- Address Wilton Park, Batley, WF17 0AS
- Phone 01924 324765
- Email email@example.com