Explore the world at Bagshaw Museum! A Victorian former mill owner's house set in 36 acres of parkland and ancient woodland, the museum displays a wide range of unusual and exciting collections from around the globe.
About Bagshaw Museum
The museum is in Wilton Park, Batley.
Displays include two Batley local history galleries including stories about iconic institutions such as Fox's Biscuits and Batley Variety Club; the 'Spirit of South Asia' gallery and a versatile temporary exhibition space that can also be used to host events and activities.
Other permanent displays include 'The Kingdom of Osiris', an atmospheric Egyptology gallery where dramatic lighting effects help to recreate the interior of a tomb, and a Victorian seaside gallery with a Punch and Judy show.
Discover the fascinating world of Ancient Egypt.
Opening times and access
From shopping, eating and drinking to school trips and group trips, Bagshaw Museum has a lot on offer for its visitors. Find out the opening times and events they have on throughout the year.
With your help, the unique heritage of the local area and collections of national and international significance will be preserved for you, your friends, children and grandchildren to enjoy and be inspired by in the future. Help us to secure the museum's future and we can:
- bring exciting and diverse collections to life, making them accessible to everyone through exhibitions and events.
- care for this Listed building and its fine collections.
- purchase new collections.
- contribute to local tourism and the regeneration of the surrounding area.
- provide a welcoming space with high quality facilities for everyone to enjoy.
Contact Bagshaw Museum
- Bagshaw Museum
- Address Woodlands Road, Batley, WF17 0AS
- Phone 01924 324765
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org