There are a fixed number of Hackney Carriage licences in Kirklees. The only current option is for an existing proprietor to transfer their existing vehicle and licence to a new proprietor.
This transaction is negotiated between the two concerned parties, not the council. A transfer application form is then completed by both parties. There is a transfer fee of £48.00.
How to transfer an existing vehicle and licence
- Complete the transfer form and attend the licensing office, both parties must be present
- Provide your driving licence
- Provide the vehicle insurance details and log book
Clock Completing this form takes around 15 minutesDownload form
- Kirklees Licensing Service
- Address Huddersfield Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2EY
- Phone 01484 456868
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org