E-books are available to you on your laptop, eReader, mobile or desktop using OverDrive you can read e-books free with Kirklees Council library card and PIN.
Join Kirklees Libraries to get your library card and PIN.
Once you have joined Kirklees Libraries, you may:
- Borrow up to 5 items at a time
- Keep e-books for up to 21 days
- Access our e-magazine and e-newspapers
- Download e-books via the app or use it on the browser.
When you download a title, it is 'on loan' to you like an ordinary book. You can access them through an app on your smartphone, tablet or mobile device. When you find something that you might like;
- If it is immediately available for you, use the 'borrow' button and confirm you want the title.
- If it is not availabel yet, use 'Place a hold' to reserve the title.
e-books and e-audiobooks stop working after the loan period, usually three weeks, so you'll need to renew or download them again to continue reading them
Important Note: Kirklees e-books are not compatible with the Kindle e-reader devices e.g. the Kindle Paperwhite.Search or read eBooks
Download the app
Download the OverDrive app Libby and you can read the e-books on your tablet or mobile. Existing customers may continue to use the original OverDrive app or switch to the new app launched in June 2017.
Download the suitable app for free on your tablet or mobile.
Help with e-books on OverDrive
Contact Home library service
- Phone 01484 226363
- Email email@example.com