What to do if you won't have anywhere to live after you're discharged from hospital
You should tell the hospital nursing staff as soon as possible, so that they know that you will be homeless when you are discharged. They will ask the hospital discharge team to help if they can.
The discharge team may refer you to the Housing Solutions Service at the council. They will assess your situation and you may be offered temporary accommodation while your application is assessed.
If you have a home already but it needs to be adapted the hospital will refer you to the Accessible Homes Team.
Contact Housing Solutions Service
- Tell us about your housing circumstances.
Clock Completing this form takes 5 minutes
Paperclip To complete this form you will need to provide your name and contact details.Contact Housing Solutions
After you've contacted us
We will contact you with an appointment for housing advice and an assessment of your needs.
Other ways to contact us
You can call into one of our Customer services centers or telephone us:-
To allow enough time for us to discuss your housing options with you, please attend before 4.00pm. If you come to us after this time we will only be able to give you emergency housing advice.
- Kirklees Council Housing Solutions Service,
- Address Huddersfield Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2YZ
- Address Dewsbury Customer Service Centre, Walsh Building, Town Hall Way, Dewsbury, WF12 8EQ
- Phone 01484 221350
- Out of hours emergency service (24 hours a day) Phone 01484 414933
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org