There are ongoing parkruns, jogging and running groups as well as recreational running programmes in Kirklees, which aims to give everyone the opportunity to be active.
Kirklees 3-2-1 groups
3-2-1 is Run England's project which aims to provide a range of marked out running, jogging and walking routes across the country that anyone can have a go at.
The layout and usage of the marked 3-2-1 running routes is the responsibility of the local providers for example local authority, university or college
Parkrun organise free, weekly, 5km (2km for junior parkruns) timed runs around the world. They are open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in.
Jogging leader training
Jog Kirklees is Kirklees Councils official inclusive recreational running programme which aims to give everyone the opportunity to be active by helping set up and supporting jogging groups and developing safe training routes in every area of Kirklees by going on the England Athletics Leaders in Running and Fitness course.
- Intensive one day training course costing £160.
- Funding towards the course may be available through Jog Kirklees! (Subject to terms and conditions).
- Covers all topics including planning and delivering a session, energy systems, common injuries and their prevention.
- Once you complete the course and receive your DBS clearance you will be issued with your license and insurance to lead.
- England Athletics leader training
Contact jogging and running
- Andy Cook
- Phone 01484 234098
- Email email@example.com