A Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) is a statement of the need for pharmaceutical services. Pharmaceutical services are provided from Pharmacies, Dispensing Appliance Contractors, Dispensing Doctors and Local Pharmaceutical Services.
This PNA is part of the overall planning for health and social care in the Health and Wellbeing Board area and is an assessment of the pharmaceutical need for the Kirklees area.
It is a statutory document which is the responsibility of the Kirklees Health and Wellbeing Board.
PNAs are primarily used by NHS England to determine whether to approve the opening of new pharmacies in an area and may be used by Clinical Commissioning Groups and Local Authorities to inform commissioning decisions.
The PNA includes the following information:
- The demography of the area
- Whether there is sufficient choice with regard to obtaining pharmaceutical services in the area
- Ward profiles with insights into the health burden in different Wards and any identified gaps in provision or need
- Services provided in neighbouring Health and Wellbeing Board areas and other NHS services provided in its own or neighbouring area which may affect pharmaceutical need in its own area
- Future planned developments
- Relevant maps relating to the area
PNA consultations 2018 to 2021
If you would like to provide feedback on the consultation document please complete this survey
Alternatively request a paper version of the survey and/or hard copy of the PNA via PHI@kirklees.gov.uk
Current PNA 2015 to 2018
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org