Information on how to feedback compliments or complaints on Children and Young People's Service
You can make a complaint in the way that best suits you in person, by phone, by letter, form or by email.
How to make a complaint
- Contact the person or office responsible for providing the service you are not happy with. They are in the best position to put things right quickly.
- If you are still not happy, fill in the online Families and carers of children and young people complaints and compliments form
- If you're still not happy, contact our Complaints Team
- At any time, you have the right to make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman (who has been appointed to look at the way that local authority services are provided). Your rights are not affected by this procedure.
How we will deal with your complaint
Help to make make a complaint
If you want someone to help you with your complaint, the Complaints, Comments & Compliments Unit will be happy to explain what will happen. They will also be able to put you in touch with an advocate who will help you with your complaint if you want.
- Phone Kirklees Council Children and Young People complaints, FREEPOST, Kirklees 1479, HD1 2HG
- form Families and carers of children and young people complaints and compliments form
- Phone 01484 225140
- Phone text COMPLAIN and your question to 80800
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org