Following the Review of the Combined Area Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures, the final document has now been approved by Kirklees Safeguarding Adults Board and is awaiting full sign off by all seven Safeguarding Adults Boards. This Policy and Procedure is due for implementation in April 2018 and will replace current Policy and Procedure.
For information about the Key changes in the Joint Multi Agency Procedures and to prepare for the launch in April 2018 download the following documents:-
The Kirklees Safeguarding Adults Board (KSAB) led by Kirklees Council is a multi-agency partnership. The board has a key role in promoting the safeguarding agenda so that safeguarding is a responsibility for everyone.
The KSAB works within the framework of the law and statutory guidance to strategically assure itself that local safeguarding arrangements and partners act to help and protect adults in Kirklees who have or may have care and support needs and who are experiencing, or are at risk of, abuse or neglect in line with the requirements made in the Care Act 2014.
Purpose of the board
The KSAB ensures the multi-disciplinary coordination of referral, enquiry, assessment, planning, intervention and case review of services to vulnerable adults who have been or are at risk of being abused. One of the main aims of the board is to coordinate and ensure the effectiveness of the work of each partner agency in relation to safeguarding. The board monitors the work of each partner agency.
The Safeguarding Adults Board is chaired by an Independent Chair and membership to the Board includes representation from the following agencies:
- Kirklees Council
- West Yorkshire Police
- NHS Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Group
- Locala Community Partnerships CIC
- South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust
- Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- NHS England
- Kirklees Council Street Scene & Housing
- West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
Board structure, strategic plan, constitution and annual report
The Board meets four times in a year and the meeting minutes are available below.
Safeguarding adults reviews (SAR) reports and improvement plans
A Safeguarding Adults Review is carried out when an adult at risk dies or has experienced serious neglect or abuse, and there is concern that agencies could have worked more effectively to protect the adult.
A Safeguarding Adults Review is a multi-agency learning process. It aims to:
- identify and promote good practice
- encourage effective learning
- make recommendations for future practice so that deaths or serious harm can be prevented from happening again
- Safeguarding adults review – guidance for families and carers
- November 2014 - Serious case review report
- Healthwatch Kirklees dementia support report
- Closure of Oxford Grange care home review report
- Closure of Oxford Grange care home review improvement plan
- Mr G overview report
- Mr G improvement plan
Report abuse and whistleblowing
Contact Safeguarding Adults Partnership Team
The Safeguarding Adults Partnership Team supports the work of the Board, if you need to make contact with regards the Board, contact:
- Safeguarding Adults Partnership Team
- Address 4th Floor, Civic Centre 1, High Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1NF
- Phone 01484 221717
If you are concerned that an adult at risk living in Kirklees is being abused you should see Report abuse or neglect of an adult at risk