The C-Card Scheme gives FREE condoms and confidential sexual health advice to young people under the age of 19 in Kirklees.
About the scheme
You can access the service whether you're male or female and no matter what your sexuality is - whether you're having sex, thinking about having sex, or if you're just curious.
The C-Card is small enough to fit in your pocket and will give you easy access to FREE condoms and confidential sexual health advice.
Register for a C-card
Young people can go to any of the C-Card registration points in Kirklees, a C-Card professional will be able to tell you how C-Card works and can offer to sign you up. Just drop-in, but remember to check opening times - some places are only open for a few hours a week.
Once there you will be able to have a private consultation including:
- How to use a condom correctly and the types of condoms available
- Some information about sexually transmitted infections, unplanned pregnancy and how to avoid them
- Know what to do and where to go if your condom splits or you didn't use one
- Where else you can go to get free condoms and talk about other sexual health services
- Offer of a chlamydia screen
- The chance to ask the C-Card issuer any questions you may have around sex and relationships
All you will be asked for is your name, date of birth, ethnicity and your post code (we will never write to you using this information!). This information is confidential but it can be seen by other C-Card Issuers. You can also provide a mobile number and email address if you wish. This will only be used to tell you about C-Card developments or to ask you for your feedback.
You will then be given your C-Card and some condoms.
After this initial consultation the C-Card can be shown at any of the C-Card access points across Kirklees in order to obtain condoms and information.
Find a C-card registration point
Find a health centre or clinic that is close to you to register for your c-card today.
|Registration point||Telephone||View point on map|
|Calderdale and Kirklees careers centre||01924 442845||WF12 8EQ|
|Chlamydia screening||01484 481030||HD1 5JP|