Weddings and ceremonies

Our weddings

Our prestigious locations provide the perfect venue for weddings and civil partnerships, from when you decide to use Kirklees' team we are here to guide you every step of the way to make sure the day is one to remember, whilst delivering a welcoming and efficient service. We offer a range of wedding packages to suit you, depending on your personal tastes, budgets and guest list.

Couple placing ring on finger

How to get married within Kirklees

The first thing you will need to decide on is your venue. If you want to do something different on your special day you might want to consider a bespoke ceremony. Once you've decided on your venue contact us to confirm registrar availability on the date(s) you are considering and book your notice appointment.

A pre-wedding appointment is an important step in this planning and can be booked at For details on how we use your information please see our privacy notice. As your big day draws closer you may consider; what vows you want to say, if you have any readings or poems, who your wedding party will be composed of, and if you have any musical choices.

Once you've booked us and your venue you will need to complete legal requirements which is giving notice of marriage.

Bespoke ceremonies

The law requires that the legal part of a ceremony take place in an approved location holding a licence for marriage and civil partnership. Couples sometimes prefer a more unusual or outdoor location for their ceremony and we can combine a bespoke ceremony with a legal ceremony to ensure you get exactly what you want from your day. We have performed ceremonies in tepee's, farms, monuments and canal boats. Additionally many of our licensed venues have outdoor space which can be used to combine ceremonies to make your day extra special.

venue with chairs and lights

Giving notice of marriage

It is a legal requirement to give a notice of intention of getting married at your local register office unless you are getting married in a Church of England. Please contact your local register office to book an appointment.

More information: Give notice of marriage or civil partnerships.

Love sign in weddings venue